Given the hurricane situation all across Florida, you always need more than regular windows to keep your home safe. Regular windows, or even regular doors for that matter, don’t stand much chance against hurricanes. You may close them with different techniques or even install hurricane shutters to avoid taking the hit, but it will never be enough. But, if you have the best impact windows in Broward County installed around your home, your chances of being safe during a hurricane increase manifold! Here are the benefits of installing impact windows.
But Are Impact Windows Worth It?
The hurricane threat in Florida is real, and it is getting worse every year. So, on that count, impact windows are definitely the best product you must buy for your home.
If you do the math, you will have a regular window priced nominally on one hand, and a much more costly impact window on another. Even then, impact windows are a better investment, because of the following reasons:
- Hurricanes can shatter innumerous regular windows every season, but can not shatter a single impact window, since the latter are devised to withstand extremely strong hurricane threats. These threats are not just hurricane winds but also loose hurricane debris that may be hurled towards your house at a high speed. A regular window won’t survive for a second, but an impact window can withstand multiple such hits without much trouble.
- Impact windows do not need any extra protection like hurricane shutters or other rather impractical hurricane deterrents that do almost nothing to protect you. Hurricane shutters can protect you, but they are very difficult to install and uninstall every season. Moreover, they block your windows and can be very noisy and deafening when it rains. An impact window makes no such noise.
With no need for extra protection, impact windows are comfortably less costly than all their alternatives.
- Impact windows keep you and your home safe and locked from threats coming not just from hurricanes but also from:
- Burglars, who will never be able to break through them that easily
- Harmful UV rays that can damage your furniture, your skin, and even your eyes
- Noise from the outside that can be very unpleasant and discomforting
- The need for repair or replacing damaged windows all the time
- Impact windows help keep your home warmer or cooler for a much longer duration. By doing that, they also contribute towards reducing your monthly electricity bills.
- Since your home is more protected than ever, your annual insurance premium drops down, while its resale value rises by quite much. You can also take advantage of government discounts to pay less for installing impact windows at your home.
- When the hurricane season isn’t around, you can use impact windows like regular windows. They are heavier than regular windows, but anyone can still open and close them.
Ready For Your Next Investment?
Impact windows are a kind of one-time investment. But you mustn’t push yourself to put their cost burden on you in one go. You can get them financed from leading financing companies that serve Florida and beyond.
Impacts bear different ratings, according to the risk a hurricane poses in different areas. So, likely you may not need to buy the most costly impact windows for your home. Instead, you can buy the ones that are precisely rated according to your zone. You can learn more about your zone rating from the Miami-Dade County website.
You can always check as many impact windows as you can based on their rating, warranty, brand name, installation company, financial feasibility, and more.
Learn more about the best impact windows in Broward County by calling your nearest impact window installation company today and find out about the benefits of installing impact windows.