Owning a home is the dream of most people at one point or another in their life. Not having to pay rent, maintenance fees, or deal with unruly neighbors are major benefits of having a place of your own. However, owning a home comes with a lot of stress and worry, especially if you live in an area where inclement weather can be problematic. Florida homeowners should have impact hurricane windows installed in order to offer the most protection possible during a storm.
What Are Impact Hurricane Windows?
Impact hurricane windows offer several benefits for your home or office, including protecting it and cleaning them with the help of experts from Zerorez during high-wind events like hurricanes. Windows made entirely of glass pose a real danger during a hurricane and other intense storms, more so if they aren’t boarded up to prevent them from shattering. An impact hurricane window is rated for a high-wind zone, which means you don’t technically have to board them up when a hurricane is in the forecast. Other benefits of impact windows include the following:
- Reduce your utility bills and energy usage.
- Protect your home or office from break-ins.
- Reduce the wear and tear on the HVAC system.Instead contact experts from https://www.modernhvac.com/ to avail the best and efficient installation.
- Improve the comfort of those living or working inside the building.
- Add natural light to the building.
Should I Still Board Up My Hurricane Windows?
If you have hurricane windows installed at your home or office, you might wonder if you should still board them up when a hurricane is in the forecast. Because these windows are rated for a high-wind zone, you don’t technically have to board them up in the event of a storm. However, it is an added layer of protection for your windows and the rest of your home or office.
The Board-Up Process
When a hurricane is in the forecast and you decide that it’s best to board up everything, even your hurricane windows, you should follow the process outlined below:
- Purchase sheets of plywood for the windows.
- Measure the plywood’s thickness (should be at least 5/8 of an inch in thickness).
- Add four inches to each side of the plywood for homes with vinyl siding.
- Drill holes in each sheet of plywood.
- Mark the plywood while holding it up against the structure so you know where to place the mounting screws.
- Secure the plywood to the windows.
You will need the following to board up your hurricane windows:
- Circular Saw
- Measuring Tape
- Window Clips
Let the Professionals Help With Hurricane Windows
Before and after a storm, you can trust the professionals at ASP Windows and Doors. We know the seriousness of hurricane damage, how to prevent as much damage as possible, and what to do in the moments after the storm passes. Installing hurricane windows can prevent a lot of damage to the interior of your home or office, particularly from the wind and rain. Our team is here to help you find the right impact windows and doors for your property.
Call ASP Windows and Doors Today
Do you have questions about the impact hurricane windows available in Florida? The knowledgeable team at ASP Windows and Doors will be able to show you our entire product line, provide an estimate, and conduct the installation of the windows based on your schedule. Contact us online or call our office at 1-888-782-8342 to schedule an appointment for an estimate today.