Impact Windows and Doors Secure Your Home from More than Hurricane Threats
Buying impact windows and doors in the Fort Lauderdale area and beyond is a no-brainer. Given that the entire region is prone to hurricanes every year, besides other natural catastrophes, choosing anything else will mean needlessly spending your hard-earned money. With impact windows and doors, though, you need to make a one-time investment and then rest easy for decades to come.
What Makes Hurricane Windows a Class Apart
Given the hurricane situation in the city, the impact windows and doors in Fort Lauderdale are the perfect deterrent for the strongest winds. Everything about impact windows is unlike the regular windows. Be it their frame, the glass, or the frame the impact windows are fitted into, everything contributes to making them hurricane-resistant to the highest level.
The following are a few of the materials that give impact windows and doors their unmatched sturdiness:
- The Frame: The frame of impact windows and doors is mostly made from aluminum. Although some manufacturers also use vinyl for the purpose. Both these materials are heavy-duty and are highly resistant to cracks, rusting, or developing splinters. So even if you aren’t paying much attention to them, expect them to continue serving their purpose for several years.
- The Glass: Impact windows don’t use regular glass. Instead, they have multiple layers of tempered glass, with another thin film-like layer of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) in between. Using multiple tempered glass layers benefits you by increasing energy efficiency inside your home. They also block harmful UV rays that can damage your furniture and even your skin outside. Plus, they tend to allow the warmth of the sun to reach you.
When it comes to resisting the impact of hurricane debris or strong winds, it’s that thin PVB film that does most of the job. While most of the hits aren’t able to harm the window much except for a few scratches, heavy hits push the outside layer of tempered glass inwards. The impact loses its steam when it reaches the PVB layer, which absorbs the damage and forms a spiderweb-like pattern, saving the tempered glass layer inside from breaking or shattering.
The cost of impact windows greatly depends upon the thickness of this PVB layer, since it is the one that saves the window from shattering. The thicker this layer is, the more costly the window will be.
Consider These While Upgrading Windows and Doors
- Your energy bills fall when you have installed impact windows and doors. Their high insulation to both heat and cold keeps your home warmer during winters and cooler during summers for longer.
- Your impact windows and doors will also make them fend off any burglary attempts. This way, your house’s security will be heightened without investing in any other equipment.
- My House Painter can help you out in increasing your house’s curb appeal when it is manifold with high-grade impact windows and doors. They will be a sight to bestow every single time.
- Your house’s resale value will rise substantially, while its insurance premium will fall flat. Those costs are something you can definitely look forward to!
- Despite their size and weight, they can be used like regular windows and doors. You won’t need to put any extra effort into operating them.
Hurricanes in the past have caused billions of dollars in damages to Florida through a single event! Hurricanes will continue to hit the state in the future, putting your safety in jeopardy without any relevant protection. Your losses will have no account either. Upgrading to impact windows and doors will cost you much more than regular windows and doors. But, they will be an investment every bit worth it.
Speak to your nearest impact windows and doors company in Fort Lauderdale to get a free quote for your home today.